Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

As I sit here on Thanksgiving Eve, I reflect on past Thanksgivings.

Food, food, and more food until your belly hurts. You swear you can never eat another thing, then you dive in for seconds and then for leftovers 4 hours later. Sound familiar?

This is Michael's first Thanksgiving and although he can't yet eat the yummy turkey and all the sides I will bake tomorrow, we will begin his first Thanksgiving with two old traditions.

The first tradition: Breakfast will be cinnamon buns or my Mom's famous "Monkey bread." The second tradition: Watching the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC. My (and my Mom's) favorite part is always the Radio City Rockettes performance. I also love seeing all of the fun balloons and Santa at the end too. To me, this parade is the official beginning of the holiday season.

We will enjoy the day giving Thanks for the many blessings in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment