Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I think I'll be calling Breyers

Back in October, we were in San Diego and we went to check out the Hotel del Coronado. It is a beautiful resort and beach. While we were there, we stopped to have some ice cream. I had this super yummy cinnamon ice cream.

So I was thinking that cinnamon ice cream would go perfect with the Apple Pie that we will be having on Thursday. The problem is that they don't sell cinnamon ice cream in Fallon!

Hmmm...I think I may need to send an e-mail to Breyer's or Ben & Jerry's or Edy's. For you adventurous one's out there: making ice cream is right up there with baking. I just don't do it.

When we first moved out to the middle of nowhere Nevada, and I realized there is not a Panera Bread restaurant within 4 hours of here, I e-mailed the company. I was a weekly customer of Panera at The Beach and would order the Bacon Turkey Bravo, extra Bravo sauce, every time. It is so good. I was interested in obtaining their "Bravo" sauce recipe. I got shot down. They don't share their recipes and they were clearly NOT sympathetic to me having to live in the middle of the high desert of northern Nevada.

Maybe Breyer's is willing to go with my idea. Maybe I can find a sympathetic ear. Next time you are in a ice cream shop, try the cinnamon ice cream. You won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment