Monday, March 22, 2010

Is it possible?

That a bag of frozen breast milk in the freezer had me in tears yesterday? Yup. You read that right. It is only 5 oz. and I just cannot bear the thought of throwing it away. I mentioned to Chris that I just cannot bear to throw it away before we move and he was so sweet to recognize that I was about to cry so he gave me a big, long bear hug. I don't know why I am so emotional over this bag of milk.

Maybe it is because I recognize that, soon, Michael won't need me anymore for this nutrition.

Maybe it is because I see him growing up so fast and all I want to do is slow time down.

Maybe it is because it makes me think of the emotions my own Mom went through with all 3 of her children in the nursing and weaning process. I wish everyday she was here to talk about this kind of "stuff."

Or Maybe it is because we are about to embark on a new chapter of our life, one in which Chris will be deployed a lot, and I cannot bear the thought of him missing one minute of Michael's life.


As for that bag in the freezer, it is still sitting there. It will have to go by Thursday, when the movers pull the plug on the fridge. But I promise you I won't be the one throwing it away.

1 comment: