Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who ever invented the Crock Pot is a genius

I tend to use this kitchen appliance more in the winter because of the recipes that I have for it. But every time I use it, I love it!

It makes the house smell great all day and come dinner time, it is a snap to put dinner on the table.

We started our routine of putting Michael in his high chair and feeding him solid foods at around 6 1/2 months old. Prior to that he was just not interested. I found that he ate better when we were sitting down to eat at the same time. So dinner, every night is at 6:00 pm. Sharp.

Tonight's dinner: My Mom's Pot Roast. I can smell it stewing in the Crock Pot right now. It is just so yummy! Come 6:00 pm, I will pair it with some dinner rolls and voila! Dinner is served.

Here is the recipe:

Emily's Pot Roast
4-5 lb. rump or shoulder roast
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 C. water
1 medium onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
2 baking potatoes, cut into 2" pieces

Combine all ingredients, except potatoes, into crock pot and set on low for 8 hours. 2 hours prior to serving, add potatoes.
Serve with warm, crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment