Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another baking adventure

I had another baking disaster this past week. I attempted to make these cookies from the December edition of the Food Network Magazine. They looked awesome! Movie Munchers was the name of the cookie. Disaster, disaster, disaster. Most of the cookies got thrown away.

So yesterday, I decided to try again and instead I pulled out my recipe book The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. The first recipe under the "Cookies" section was "Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies." I have a tendency to read recipes like I read novels so I immediately read through this one. There were a couple of differences from the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe that I noticed immediately: more flour, 2 extra egg yolks, and melted (not softened) butter. Other differences were rack position in the oven and timing of leaving the cookies on the cookie sheet before transferring.

I made these last night and they turned out GREAT! Maybe I can bake after all. I am going to have to pull out this cookbook more often, it makes me look like a genius in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment