Friday, December 4, 2009

Hug tight the ones you love

I got word this week of the passing of an old co-worker of mine. It is beyond heartbreaking as he was only 42 years old with three young children and a beautiful wife.

P.C. was instrumental in helping me get adjusted to working at Merck when I started back in 2001 in the Gainesville/Jacksonville, FL territory. We spoke on the phone a lot as co-workers. We peddled the same products and he had a lot of knowledge of the market that was so helpful. He was always willing to lend a hand and offer advice.

He was also one of the most devoted Christian's I have ever met. He and his family were very involved with their church. I remember him asking me questions like: "Do you believe in the theory of evolution or the theory of creation?"

I'm sad for his wife who is now raising 3 beautiful children without him. And I am sad that he will not have the opportunity to walk his daughter down the aisle for her wedding one day or see any of his kids graduate from high school or college. But I am taught to believe that he will see these things from a different view. From up above. It is still not the same for us down here though.

There is that saying that "only the good die young." I am thinking there may be some truth to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment