Friday, April 8, 2011

Mom guilt


It comes in all shapes and sizes. Mom guilt.  This particular guilt I've been feeling has been related to the lack of pictures I've taken of baby #2. He is just so cute too!  So here is an updated picture.  Luke is 4 months old, Michael 2 years old. The one of the three of us I just love. We were all sitting in my glider watching Daddy put together Luke's crib. Michael loves to smile for the camera now when we ask him to say "cheese!" So this is what Michael was saying as Dad was taking the picture.

One thing I've learned over my parenting years, especially since I've lost my Mom, is that there are never enough pictures of Mom's with their kids. We always seem to be the ones taking the pictures. So one of the things I am trying to get better about is asking other people to take pictures of me with my boys. My makeup may not look perfect and my hair may be going in different directions. But I know that years down the road, my boys will still look at these pictures and think their Mom was beautiful. I know I think that when I look at pictures of my Mom with her babies. So to all my Mom friends out there, take a minute and take a picture with your babies!

1 comment:

  1. soooo true molly!! love this and love your blog......

    It is the same for all of us on the 2nd.....and the 3rd 4th and 5th I am sure.....dare I say 6th??

    love you! kari

    ReplyDelete