Saturday, May 29, 2010

The goal: getting both cars back in the garage

Today we had a big garage sale. You name it, it was out on the front driveway to be sold.

I have decided I am the opposite personality of the people profiled on the Hoarders show. If there is "stuff" sitting around that is not an item that we actively use, it is gone. We live a transient lifestyle, we can't schlep this "stuff" around the country with every duty station move!

So we advertised for the Garage Sale to occur today from 8 am - 12 pm. Chris got up at 6:15 am to get the "stuff" pulled out of the garage and set up. There were at least 5 people outside of the house waiting for him to open up shop. Crazy! We were warned about this. I guess Garage Sale's are a big hit here in Hanford!

We were successful in getting almost everything sold. We have one small box that I need to take to Goodwill and drop off. Chris had a great time negotiating, or lack there of, with the buyers.

Buyer: How much do you want for this pot?
Chris: $5
Buyer: I'll give you $2
Chris: Sold!

Hey, I am just glad it is all gone and out of my hair! Now we do still have some arranging to do in the garage to get both cars in but I am 100% confident we will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment