Thursday, May 27, 2010

Michael chatting away!

He has 2 or 3 different kid friendly telephones and he LOVES playing with them. He will hold them up to his mouth like this picture shows and he will talk into them. It is so cute. But it makes me wonder, does he see Chris and I on the phone too much that he knows how to imitate it so well?

Hmmm.....maybe.

His imitation skills are getting really good! And his understanding of what we say is becoming crisper every day. Yesterday, he had this little basket on his arm and in the basket there were two toy balls. One was orange and one was blue. I asked him to hand me the orange one and he reached in grabbed it and handed it to me. Then we repeated the same with the blue one and he understood it perfectly. Then today he was coughing and needed a sip of milk. His milk sippy was sitting near him on the floor and I told him to reach over and take a sip of his milk. He crawled over and picked up the sippy and took a drink. Amazing. I love it. I am sure over time, however, this "listening" will become a more selective "listening" skill.

Tonight we met some friends at the Farmer's Market and had dinner on the lawn by the Carousel. It was a lot of fun watching the kids run around and visiting with friends. Now, we are looking forward to a long Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment