Friday, July 9, 2010

Quote of the day:

"Molly, be careful in there."

Chris says this as I am getting out of the car to run into Wal-Mart to pick up sewing supplies for a project for Chris. (Background: We are making black-out drapes for his bunk on the ship. Funky sized drapes, I had to break out the sewing machine.)

He could have been dropping me off at ANY Wal-Mart in ANY town in America and these words would have been uttered. Wal-Mart is an interesting cornucopia of people, isn't it? He said this because of the scary looking people walking in at the same time I was getting out of the car. And maybe because I am carrying his second child he is a little more protective. To the delight of both Chris and Michael: I made it out alive. But the interesting thing is as I am walking out of the store, I spot a well dressed woman in a black shiny Jaguar sports car pulling into the parking lot.

Cornucopia, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment